Due to current restrictions, we cannot sell this product on the UK site.
To purchase this product, please visit our EU site below.
Use melatonin to reset circadian rhythms
· Use Melatonin to Reset Circadian Rhythms
· Improve Overall Health and Get Better Sleep
· Restore a Natural Sleep-Wake Cycle
· Bring Body Clock Back into Balance
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
Support 2 body clocks and enjoy deeper sleep
Our body clock is what regulates our sleep-wake cycle, also called our circadian rhythm. Many of us notice right away when our circadian rhythm is out of whack — we have difficulty sleeping. Over the long-term, our health may start to decline without a healthy body clock and good sleep pattern to support it.
Circadian Sleep is made with a specialty blend of melatonin and citrus peel that supports our body’s natural circadian rhythms so we can sleep well and wake up healthy.
Here are some of the benefits:
· Reset two circadian cycles. We often hear about our body clock working as an internal timekeeper to regulate when we sleep and wake. But actually, there are two circadian rhythms. Our central circadian rhythm regulates our sleep, along with other body functions like temperature. And our peripheral circadian rhythm regulates essential organ processes like heart rate, blood pressure, liver and kidney function, and more. These cycles are easily disrupted by modern stress, leading to serious health problems. MicroActive® Melatonin can support our brain’s central body clock, while Nobiletin citrus peel extract can influence our organs’ healthy peripheral circadian patterns — offering nightly protection.
· Supply sleep hormones. Melatonin is our sleep hormone. It helps align our central clock with our natural sleep-wake cycle. Our pineal gland produces melatonin while we sleep. This melatonin resets our central clock, which then normalises our peripheral clock to effectively regulate our health. Low melatonin levels often mean a loss of sleep. Supplementing melatonin may restore healthy sleep-wake cycles, contributing to the health of our brain and body.
· Bring back balance. Nobiletin is a polymethoxylated flavone, a compound found in the peel of young citrus fruits. Not only does Nobiletin activate our body regulators to support circadian cycles, it offers antioxidant protection to our brain cells too. Nobiletin also protects our body by promoting healthy levels of inflammation. In preclinical studies, Nobiletin has helped restore peripheral circadian rhythms, as well as regulate the expression of genes that control almost all cells’ circadian cycles. Nobiletin’s whole-body effects bring balance to metabolism, blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides, and the liver, brain, and kidneys.
50 percent of us need one more hour of sleep
The world's largest sleep study, recently conducted on 40,000 people, showed 7 to 8 hours of sleep can support better cognitive performance. Sadly, half of all study participants slept less than 6.3 hours a night.
Taking 1 capsule of Circadian Sleep before bed may help bring our body back to its “sleep set point,” supporting the brain function, reasoning, and verbal ability that can be lost when we under- or over-sleep.
· Mohawk JA, Green CB, Takahashi JS. Central and peripheral circadian clocks in mammals. Annu Rev Neurosci. 2012;35:445-62. doi: 10.1146/annurev-neuro-060909-153128. Epub 2012 Apr 5. Review.
· Shinozaki A, Misawa K, Ikeda Y, Haraguchi A, Kamagata M, Tahara Y, Shibata S. Potent Effects of Flavonoid Nobiletin on Amplitude, Period, and Phase of the Circadian Clock Rhythm in PER2:LUCIFERASE Mouse Embryonic Fibroblasts. PLoS One. 2017 Feb 2;12(2):e0170904. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0170904. eCollection 2017.
· Andreani TS, Itoh TQ, Yildirim E, Hwangbo DS, Allada R. Genetics of Circadian Rhythms. Sleep Med Clin. 2015 Dec;10(4):413-21. doi: 10.1016/j.jsmc.2015.08.007. Review.
· Giebultowicz JM, Long DM. Ageing and Circadian rhythms. Curr Opin Insect Sci. 2015 Feb 1;7:82-86.
· Koch CE, Leinweber B, Drengberg BC, Blaum C, Oster H. Interaction between circadian rhythms and stress. Neurobiol Stress. 2016 Sep 8;6:57-67. doi: 10.1016/j.ynstr.2016.09.001. eCollection 2017 Feb. Review.
· Cajochen C, Kräuchi K, Wirz-Justice A. Role of melatonin in the regulation of human circadian rhythms and sleep. J Neuroendocrinol. 2003 Apr;15(4):432-7. Review.
· Huang H, Li L, Shi W, Liu H, Yang J, Yuan X, Wu L. The Multifunctional Effects of Nobiletin and Its Metabolites In Vivo and In Vitro. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;2016:2918796. Epub 2016 Sep 27. Review.
· Takeda Y, Jothi R, Birault V, Jetten AM. RORγ directly regulates the circadian expression of clock genes and downstream targets in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012 Sep 1;40(17):8519-35. Epub 2012 Jun 29.
· Firsov D, Bonny O. Circadian rhythms and the kidney. Nat Rev Nephrol. 2018 Oct;14(10):626-635. doi: 10.1038/s41581-018-0048-9. Review.
· Conor J Wild, Emily S Nichols, Michael E Battista, Bobby Stojanoski, Adrian M Owen. Dissociable effects of self-reported daily sleep duration on high-level cognitive abilities. Sleep, 2018; DOI: 10.1093/sleep/zsy182.